Frequently Asked Questions
Family Fun Ride
Q. Does my dirt bike need to be registered and insured?
Q. What are the age restrictions for riders?
- Any rider under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian
fill out and sign a minor release form before they can ride.
The dirt bike that the minor rides must also be registered and insured
according to the NY requirements listed above.
- Any rider age 10 to 15 may only ride 1) under adult supervision, or 2) if the rider has completed an ATV safety training course approved by the NY DMV. You should carry your course completion certificate when operating any ATV (dirt bike).
- Any rider under age 10 can only ride under adult supervision.
Q. Are there any rules I need to follow at your events?
- While at any of our events, please be respectful or the land and
other people and their property. Helmets MUST be worn at all times
when you are riding a motorcycle or ATV even if you are riding at a
slow speed. Pay attention to those riding around you. When moving
about in the pit area or riding to/from the start line please stay in
first gear Full riding gear is always recommended for safety sake.
Q. Is AMA membership required to ride your event?
- Bear Creek Sportsmen is an AMA sanctioned riding club. If the event
that we are running requires an AMA membership we need to abide by
their rules. AMA memberships can be purchased on line from the AMA
website. While AMA membership might not be required at all of our events
we strongly urge everyone to become a member of the AMA. Sign up at
Q. I have a few free weekends, can I come up and ride on the property?
- The Bear Creek property is only open to riding during our public event.
Q. I don’t want to participate in the event, can I just ride the trails?
- Our trail system is only open during out public event.
You are not allowed to ride in areas not clearly marked for the event.
Q. How do I get to your events?
- Detailed directions are included on the individual event pages.
Q. Do you cancel events because of the weather?
- All of our events are held rain or shine, refunds are not given on pre-paid entries.
Q. What do I do with my garbage?
- Your garbage must be cleaned up and taken with you.
Q. Where can I stay if I decide to come to one of your events?
- Search for “Lodging near Hancock NY” using your favorite search
engine. Primitive Camping is available at the event location.
Q. You guys have a great motocross track. Can I ride the track during the Trail Ride or any other time of year?
- The Motocross Track is closed during the Trail Ride.
Q. Can I ride my ATV (quad bike) during events?
- Sorry but no, the Trail Ride is only open to 2-wheeled motorcycles. We please ask
everyone to not ride their ATVs around the property during these
events for safety reasons.